Most mesothelioma settlements begin as lawsuits. History shows majority of cases end up in a settlement before reaching the court.
Some very important Questions in your mind related to this.
How do I apply for financial compensation as a victim of exposure to asbestos?
Answers – Victims of asbestos exposure who are suffering from mesothelioma or asbestosis can submit an application for financial compensation to the Dutch Institute for Asbestos Victims.
The institute will advise the Sociale Verzekeringsbank(Social Insurance Bank (SVB)) regarding your entitlement to compensation. The Sociale Verzekeringsbank will take the decision whether you will receive compensation or not.
What are the Mesothelioma Lawsuit Payouts?
Answers – Are you suffering from asbestos or mesothelioma disease caused by exposure to asbestos? If so, you can apply for compensation with the Dutch Institute for Asbestos Victims.
In 2018, the amount of financial compensation asbestos victims are entitled to is € 20,355. In 2017 the amount was € 19,988 and in 2016 it was € 19,605.
Who is eligible for Mesothelioma compensation ?
Answers – If someone has the disease mesothelioma or the disease asbestosis , then he / she can be eligible under the conditions of an allowance of € 20.355 through the Institute Asbestos Victims (IAS). This amount applies for 2018 and is indexed annually.
The IAS investigates with the victim how the contact with asbestos has taken place and advises the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) on the right to an allowance on the basis of the Asbestos Victims’ Disability Insurance Scheme 2014 (TAS) or the Regulation on non-pay-related victims of mesothelioma and asbestosis (TNS). The SVB then decides on the basis of the advice from the IAS whether or not to grant and pay the allowance.
Who qualify for an allowance under the Asbestos Victims Compensation Regulation (TAS) ?
you (or your roommate) have been exposed to asbestos as an employee;Answers –
- you (or your roommate) worked in the Netherlands;
- the diagnosis of malignant mesothelioma has been confirmed by the Dutch Mesothelioma Panel (NMP) or by the expert group of the Dutch Association of Physicians for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis (NVALT);
- you (or your roommate) have not received payment in connection with mesothelioma of € 20.355, – (2018) or more;
- you (or your housemate) issue an authorization to recover the costs through the courts. (If the employer pays compensation, the compensation will be settled with this).
Is Mesothelioma compensation for family members applicable or not?
Answers – Survivors of victims can be entitled to a benefit under the scheme if the victim has already made a request for mediation at the Asbestos Victims Institute. Next of all dependents are:
- the spouse, spouse or partner;
- if it is not there, the minor children;
- if there are no underage children, the person with whom the deceased lived as a family.
Mesothelioma Fund Claims?
Anwsers – For victims with mesothelioma, the compensation amounts to € 64,522. For victims with asbestosis the amount is € 23.586, -, € 42.439, – or € 61.291, -. This depends on the degree of lung function loss.
Survivors of a mesothelioma victim, who has not registered in life, can be eligible for compensation from the (ex-) employer of € 3,231 for material damage and € 3,231 for death loss.